Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

VICTORIA AZARENKA WINS QATAR TOTAL OPEN 2013, DEFEATING SERENA WILLIAMS

Victoria Azarenka has lost the number one spot to Serena Williams but came out victorois at the Qatar Total Open 2013.She outclassed Serena through out the play as her A-game came to fore.She settled the three setter at 7-6(6), 2-6, 6-3 to lift her second WTA Title of 2013 season.
In her words, "I won't say I didn't feel pressure, I was just really into the match and really focused on what I had to do. Near the end she saved a match point with a good serve - that's what you normally expect to get from Serena when she's in trouble - a bullet. But it wasn't a big deal, really - I just had to keep my composure and make another opportunity and create another match point.
And on this one compared to their last nine? "I just did everything better today,"
William still has the world number one spot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...