Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My pot belly scares women away – Gbenga Adeyinka

RMD AND ADEYINKA
Ace commedian Gbenga Adeyinka has this to say;“Some of us who are pot-bellied and ‘old’ don’t have the pleasure of being chased by women anymore. We have left it for the younger ones. Women don’t chase me anymore; they know this big belly wouldn’t let me run.”
Asked if he feels threatened by the new crops of commedians in the industry, he said- “I think it is a stupid old person that would be envious of the young ones making it because before we made it, some people were making it. I do not believe that the younger ones are doing better than the older ones. I know that I am still doing as well as anyone in the industry, but our prayer is for the younger ones to grow. If we pray to grow and the industry dies, in 30 years time, nobody will remember our names. It is good as the young ones are growing but then the growth of the young ones does not kill the older ones. The older ones like myself are consolidated. We are doing bigger things that will even help the younger ones.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...